[kag] Re: lighthouse cache, and others

  • From: <geocaching@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: kag@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 11 May 2007 13:28:22 +0000

Hi Dave,

Just to note, as we review caches at inconsistent times, if you would like a special time to have your cache listed, just leave us a reviewer note. We can let you know what is possible with our schedule but most times can accomidate. Hope to get out there and find your cache this summer.

Cache-tech
Geocaching.com Volunteer

From: <hamburgerking@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: <kag@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [kag] lighthouse cache, and others
Date: Fri, 11 May 2007 9:02:29 -0400

Hi,

I'm hoping for some feedback on the caches I hid.

Most recently, I hid Lighthouse, down at confederation park.

My goal was to hide a cache right downtown, where the object was less about a hard find, and more about being sneaky and undetected. I wanted a big cache too, cause my kids don't like the little ones...they want loot! When I saw the blue structure, I knew it would work. But it is so similar to Portsmouth Olympic Harbour, that I knew it would also be too easy.

I tried to get it posted on a sat morning, for a better FTF race, but submitted it too early. It was reviewed and posted in just 2 hours, whereas my prev caches have taken a few days.

Any suggestions for more downtown, urban caches?

I think the big sandy caches are too easy to find. But I didn't want to be responsible for any environmental disturbances, so had limited prospects. The one at the beach is too close to the trailhead. When I was searching for a spot, a snowstorm broke out and I had limited options. I'll be back there to look for a better spot, further from the trailhead.

I would appreciate feedback on my other caches too...don't worry, I have a thick skin, so give it to me straight.

BTW, there's an army surplus store in London Ont that sells ammo boxes for $6.50cdn.

Dave Hamburger

Lighthouse
Wavey
POH