[kag] lighthouse cache, and others

  • From: <hamburgerking@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <kag@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 11 May 2007 9:02:29 -0400

I'm hoping for some feedback on the caches I hid.

Most recently, I hid Lighthouse, down at confederation park.

My goal was to hide a cache right downtown, where the object was less about a
hard find, and more about being sneaky and undetected.  I wanted a big cache
too, cause my kids don't like the little ones...they want loot!  When I saw the
blue structure, I knew it would work.  But it is so similar to Portsmouth
Olympic Harbour, that I knew it would also be too easy.

I tried to get it posted on a sat morning, for a better FTF race, but submitted
it too early.  It was reviewed and posted in just 2 hours, whereas my prev
caches have taken a few days.

Any suggestions for more downtown, urban caches?

I think the big sandy caches are too easy to find.  But I didn't want to be
responsible for any environmental disturbances, so had limited prospects.  The
one at the beach is too close to the trailhead.  When I was searching for a
spot, a snowstorm broke out and I had limited options.  I'll be back there to
look for a better spot, further from the trailhead.

I would appreciate feedback on my other caches too...don't worry, I have a
thick skin, so give it to me straight.

BTW, there's an army surplus store in London Ont that sells ammo boxes for

Dave Hamburger

Family tree
Big sandy beach