[JA] 2 things

  • From: Joann Lee <dnehoc@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: juno_accmail@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 17 Aug 2001 11:09:55 EDT

First thing: thepccat wrote: George Lunt has calculated there may be 400K
free emailers with Juno. Wouldn't Juno be doing themselves a public
relations coup, as well as supporting many people, by continuing this
free email service? Where canwe write?

If Juno were a serious business and cared about its customers,  I'd say
write to their NYC address. Since they're not ... write to their NYC
address and don't expect an answer.

Second thing: yesterday just for the exercise I went looking for mail at
webmail.juno.com ... and found about 20 very large messages, dating back
to January 2001 waiting for me. As it turns out, they all had photos,
drawings or other attachments ... which, of course, would not be
delivered to my win3.x computer ...

My reason for mentioning this is that I didn't realize that was happening
and at first I was extremely annoyed at the 8-month delivery delay ...
until I opened a couple of messages and found the stuff that interfered
with delivery to my "everyday" computer.

I don't recall anybody's mentioning this sorry fact of life to/on this
list ... and I wonder to what extent it may be an explanation for some of
the delays other 3.x / 1.49 users have written about. As you see I've
added a signature line or two to my outgoing ... maybe my friends will
get the message now ... but on the assumption that they've ignored all my
other requests not to send pictures, etc., I guess I'll have to check
webmail once a month to see what I'm missing.
Joann
agoodlistateer
This notice is applied to all my outgoing email: Please do NOT send me
email w/attachments, photos, pictures, etc. My Juno service offers ONLY
text email. Thanks. Joann