[JA] Re: 2 things

  • From: J�rel DD Arbaugh <computerist@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: juno_accmail@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, no-tag-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 25 Aug 2001 15:02:56 PDT

}Date: Fri, 17 Aug 2001 10:28:31 -0700
}Subject: [JA] Re: 2 things
}From: thepccat
}
}[1] I don't recall it on this list, but I just started awhile ago. I do
}
}Previously, the server was kind enough to delete the attachments and
send
}the email minus attachment to the 1.49 client.
}

        As I recall, the server would block those messages, not clean
them.  Before that, it would bounce oversized messages (those that it now
leaves on the server).  Now, oversized stay on the server, and everything
else falls to you, unaltered.

        There is a small exception to the above.  A message that is small
enough total-size, but over the 60K (61440) byte limit of the body, for
1.49, may arrive, but be truncated.  In some cases, the message may be
saved to a file (File; saVe message as text file...) without truncation,
but in others the software will truncate the message.  I do not know when
one or the other.
--
| Computerist.    This user is located in California.  It is a violation
of California law to send unsolicited commercial mail to this user.
---