[JA] Automatic spellchecking?

  • From: Babette C Bloch <bvcb@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: juno_accmail@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 16 Aug 2001 19:43:51 -0700

My friend with the v.5 spell checking question rephrased it after I told
him he must have had the option checked for automatic spell checking.

He says:

"I'm going to have to be very careful with my choice of words, here.  In
v.5, there is an option that lets you decide if you want Juno to start
the process of spell check automatically, when you push the "Send Mail"
button.  You, the user, must still say Yes or No to the offered
correction.

"If you have the automatic "start the spell check" process turned off,
then you can do a spell check, on your command, or skip the process.

"The automatic thing I discovered is automatic correction, no matter how
the spell check got started, automatically or at your command.  I have
not found a way to opt out of this automatic correction process.  If, for
"artistic" reasons I want a misspelled word in the text, which has been
corrected automatically, I must go back into the text, after the spell
check, and change back to the misspelled version.  "Just" is the only
word I know, right now, where that applies.  I'm sure I'll find others,
now that I know what to look for."

Has anyone else run into this?

OR visit http://freelists.dhs.org