[JA] Re: Automatic spellchecking?

  • From: J�rel DD Arbaugh <computerist@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: juno_accmail@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, no-tag-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 25 Aug 2001 14:49:31 PDT

}Date: Thu, 16 Aug 2001 19:43:51 -0700
}Subject: [JA] Automatic spellchecking?
}From: Babette C Bloch
}
}My friend with the v.5 spell checking question rephrased it after I told
}him he must have had the option checked for automatic spell checking.
}
}He says:
}
}"I'm going to have to be very careful with my choice of words, here.  In
}v.5, there is an option that lets you decide if you want Juno to start
}the process of spell check automatically, when you push the "Send Mail"
}button.  You, the user, must still say Yes or No to the offered
}correction.
}
}"If you have the automatic "start the spell check" process turned off,
}then you can do a spell check, on your command, or skip the process.
}
}"The automatic thing I discovered is automatic correction, no matter how
}the spell check got started, automatically or at your command.  I have
}not found a way to opt out of this automatic correction process.  If,
for
}"artistic" reasons I want a misspelled word in the text, which has been
}corrected automatically, I must go back into the text, after the spell
}check, and change back to the misspelled version.  "Just" is the only
}word I know, right now, where that applies.  I'm sure I'll find others,
}now that I know what to look for."
}
}Has anyone else run into this?
}

        Could there be another program involved?  I have read of programs
that will do some thing like this whenever you are in a "text editor" or
"word processor" program.  The problems with this, for me, are that:
1:      Spell checks tend to pick the wrong word, all too often!;
2:      I often am editing program code, that would break if purposely
misspelled, or some made up "words", were altered!
--
| Computerist.    This user is located in California.  It is a violation
of California law to send unsolicited commercial mail to this user.
---