[jewel] Current state of Jewel-OBJC

  • From: Brett Parker <brettp@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: jewel-dev@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 25 May 2003 18:46:31 +0100

Ho hum,

I've just been looking at my (very minimilistic and yet to handle an
event) code base, and am pondering again, gnustep-base appears to be the
only way to get some semi standard list support, and so it looks like
I'll be tying in to that (as most of you know, I don't like reinventing
wheels if I can at all help it, and I tend to find that lists are
definately something I'd rather other people dealt with. I'm currently
thinking of playing with a couple of mutable dictionaries to keep track
of which windows I know about and which I don't, of course, there's only
really one reason for doing this, and that's so that the mapping can be
a little quicker... but I suppose I could get round that issue by giving
windows we already know about a certain attribute, or window property,
which might be more elegant... hrm...

When I've got the base finished (basic event handling, and window
mapping) then I'll lob the code somewhere you lot can get it. I'm almost
tempted to use GNUstep menus instead of reimplementing them too, any
thoughts on that gratefully recieved.

Right - that's my random thoughts of today, I might even muster up the
enthusiasm to start hacking on it properly tommorow - having just about
reaquanted myself with the code that I've already written.

Mark: is there a nice downloadable GNUstep reference manual, or am I
better off grabbing the Cocoa manuals and just swearing when I want
something that's not in GNUstep? ;)

--
Brett - thinking about this some more.