[jewel] Re: Current state of Jewel-OBJC

  • From: MJ Ray <markj@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: jewel-dev@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 25 May 2003 18:26:10 -0000

Brett Parker <brettp@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> tempted to use GNUstep menus instead of reimplementing them too, any
> thoughts on that gratefully recieved.

That would have been my thought too and was part of the reason for
moving to objC.  I don't know how hard they are to use in isolation
from the rest of it.

> Right - that's my random thoughts of today, I might even muster up the
> enthusiasm to start hacking on it properly tommorow - having just about
> reaquanted myself with the code that I've already written.

I'd best not delay you in the pub too long, then.

> Mark: is there a nice downloadable GNUstep reference manual, or am I
> better off grabbing the Cocoa manuals and just swearing when I want
> something that's not in GNUstep? ;)

ObjC/base manual at
http://gnustep.orange-concept.com/resources/documentation/manual_toc.html
and class reference at
http://gnustep.orange-concept.com/resources/documentation/base/Base.html

Yes, I know there are some gaps to be covered.  One day...  As you
probably know, freenode #gnustep and freenode #xlib are your fwends.

      http://mjr.towers.org.uk/   jabber://slef@xxxxxxxxx
       Thought: "Changeset algebra is really difficult."