[jewel] Re: Current state of Jewel-OBJC

  • From: Frank Hale <frankhale@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: jewel-dev@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 25 May 2003 17:36:56 -0700 (PDT)

> It shouldn't be, Frank, as I've not done much of a
> clean-up there yet,
> so it's still basically your tree...

Just for the record Sapphire is the most hideous thing
I ever came up with. The code was extremely beginner
type stuff. The fact that it worked was miraculous.
But I think I've compiled it on newer gcc's and it
will not compile. Plus when it did compile I don't
believe it worked on X11 4.x. I dunno where the
breakdown was but it did stop working somewhere along
the line either by X or by gcc one of the two.

Hahaha. But its still hilarious none the less. Even if
its my code. Of course you may have a point. If it was
good code why would I now be coming up with something
new? But I've said that before haven't I slef? But I
believe this time is different as I have another
person helping code. And I've ditched the complexity
of C++ so thats a big win win. Another plus is I'd
like to think I'm smarter than 4 years ago when I
started Sapphire and somewhat of a better coder. Time
will tell.

Enough of my blabbing...

http://search.yahoo.com