[jewel] Re: Curious on progress and intent of the Obj-C fork of Jewel...

  • From: Frank Hale <frankhale@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: jewel-dev@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 25 May 2003 09:54:59 -0700 (PDT)

> Yes, that would be good.  Even better would be if we
> can get the jewel
> codebase moving again. ;-)  Anyway, it sounds like
> you're aiming to be
> a lot more ambitious than the rest of us: good luck.

I have another person helping me out. We've adopted
the development philosophy where we have taken a
complex task and broken it down into smaller,
managable and easier tasks. We are developing small
little test apps to get used to these tasks and to
master them. Once this is complete then we will build
a window manager with this knowledge. I'm trying to
dump the 4 years of bad programming that I've been
doing and finally start coding with some thought and
focus.

http://search.yahoo.com