[jewel] Re: Curious on progress and intent of the Obj-C fork of Jewel...

  • From: Brett Parker <brettp@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: jewel-dev@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 25 May 2003 09:27:43 +0100

thisguyisi <thisguyisi@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Just wondering what is going on with the Obj-C side of the project.

Well, the bloke doing the port to Obj-C is being a bit lax at the moment
(its me), so its, erm, currently not available, got a few more things to
do to the source tree before I'll feel confy releasing it.

> It would be interesting and probably a swell idea if all of the
> GNUstep-oriented window manager project shared code for
> consistency/modularity and a lessening of abberent/unintuitive
> implementation. Since AEWM/Jewel already seems to have the tabbed window
> code down pat, it would be cool to see your project collaborate with
> Interface WM on their tabbed window code and come to some kind of
> "ideal", plus give you guys working on this project more people with a
> similar project goal to bounce ideas off of and maybe accelerate project
> development.

Tabbed window code? what? ala fluxbox? I wasn't aware that jewel had
that functionality yet. Mark, did you know?!

> Just my personal opinion, besides I thought I would contribute an idea
> or two rather than just lurk and see what the project was up to.

Always good to have another person about :)

Brett