[iyonix-support] Re: Pyjamas & Heat

  • From: "David J. Ruck" <druck@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: iyonix-support@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 08 Oct 2006 11:53:31 +0100

On 8 Oct 2006 Thomas Milius <Thomas-Milius@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I switched my screen power saving on which I never did before (I preferred
> the manual method). Since I did this I am getting occasionally after the
> screen wake up silly small stripes somewhere on the screen. It is an
> indicator to restart the machine for it will crash a short time later.

If that happens, just press F12 and

  *RMReinit NVidea

It shouldn't crash after that. It also works if you get the other occational
problems of screen offset (not seen that for a while), or a completely blank
screen (still get now and again). Its more difficult to type then so I'be put
the RMReinit command in an obey file in !Boot.Library so I only have to type
*vreset

Cheers
---Dave

  David J. Ruck    Phone: +44- (0)7974 108301    Email: druck@xxxxxxxxxxxx