[iyonix-support] Screen saver and Pyjamas

  • From: David W Mills <david@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: iyonix-support@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 08 Oct 2006 13:14:00 +0100

During the earlier rash of Pyjamas posts some considerable time ago I was
puzzled as to what is meant by the word and have since tended to ignmore the
subject.

This latest thread caught my imagination and the mention of Screen Savers
rang a bell. When I first had ny Iyonix (2003?) I tried using a screen saver
and had various problems that were only sorted by Escape hold booting and
working from there. Since then I have never used a screen saver and have
switched off the monitor manually.

I'm not about to risk using a screen saver again but am intrigued by the
following questions:

How many of us use a screen saver? A

How many do not? B

How many of each group suffer from pyjamas? C

I invite users to reply to me (off list) with your answers in the following
format:

A or B

if you DO suffer pyjamas  then follow with C e.g. A/C

My own reply is

I'll post figures later.

David