[iyonix-support] Pyjamas & Heat

  • From: David Thomas <dave@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: iyonix-support@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 07 Oct 2006 18:37:03 +0100

I've access to two Iyos: an older model in work and a newer Panther I've
purchased second hand. I'd never seen "pyjamas" until I bought the Panther.

When I cracked the Panther's case open I noticed how hot the heatsink
had gotten on the nVidia card.

I removed the existing card's heatsink and replaced it with a taller
Zalman model designed for mounting on motherboards. (I also applied
Arctic Silver thermal paste.)

Since then I've not seen pyjamas once. This makes me wonder if some of
the problems people are seeing are purely down to poor cooling. The
nVidia card does seem to kick out more heat than anything else inside
the case.

Regards,
Dave