[iyonix-support] Re: New 5.14 ROM on Iyonix

  • From: Thomas Milius <Thomas-Milius@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: iyonix-support@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 28 Apr 2009 23:08:57 +0200

In message <50531d54b6srevill@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
          "Steve (ROOL)" <srevill@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> RISC OS Open (ROOL) are pleased to announce the immediate release of the
> very latest RISC OS ROM image from Castle Technology (Castle) for the
> IYONIX pc desktop computer.
>
>   <URL:http://www.riscosopen.org/content/downloads/other-zipfiles>

I just downloaded the flash and soft loader 5.14 for my Iyonix.
I only tried the soft loader in the first step.

Overall 5.14 looks extremly stable on the first view. Great work!

I only detected one problem until now: The German territory doesn't like
RISC OS 5.14. I had to switch to UK settings to run my machine properly.

The soft loader is a big step forward. If something doesn't meet your
requirements you simply don't use the new version. I think it is only
a question of time until someone will write a small utility which will allow
you to choose your version at switching on the machine.

Best Regards

Thomas Milius