[iyonix-support] Re: New 5.14 ROM on Iyonix

  • From: "Steve (ROOL)" <srevill@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <iyonix-support@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 27 Apr 2009 13:45:20 +0100

On 26 Apr, Alan Adams <alan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I have the same setup, and the same result. I'm running 5.11 in case
> it makes any difference.

This was the first build of the IYONIX softload tool - we only got hold of
it a couple of days ago - so there is likely to be the odd problem (e.g.
combination of the softload ROM version, your existing ROM version and your
hardware which might not work).

I must admit, I only tested it with the 5.15 ROM image - and that worked
fine on my RO 5.13 IYONIX. Having just tried to softload the 5.14 ROM image,
I get the same results as you, so it seems likely that there is an issue
with softloading that version of the ROM right now.

So for the time being, you have a choice of try 5.15 as a softloaded OS
(although this is bleeding edge so a bit of an unknown quantity) or use the
ROM programmer tool to reprogram your IYONIX to 5.14 (which we've done and
it works just fine for us).

Or, you can wait for us to figure out why the softloader (sometimes) fails
with the 5.14 ROM and then we can put a fix on our web site.

Thanks,

Steve

--
Stephen Revill, Director                           Tel: +44 (0) 1353 740 267
RISC OS Open Ltd                                          www.riscosopen.org