[iyonix-support] Re: New 5.14 ROM on Iyonix

  • From: Tim Powys-Lybbe <tim@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: iyonix-support@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 27 Apr 2009 09:35:39 +0100

On 27 Apr at 6:27, Bernard Veasey <bernard@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> In message <7892305250.Alan.Adams@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
>           Alan Adams <alan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
> > In message <mpro.kipyf70008bgx005l.tim@xxxxxxxxx>
> >           Tim Powys-Lybbe <tim@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
> > > I've got a CDROM from the Wakefield show and just tried out a
> > > softload of the new 5.14 ROM.  The result is that ths screen goes
> > > dark and stays like that.
>
> > > Fortunately, being a softload, it only needs a push on the Blue
> > > button to restart and try again and it still goes dark.
>
> > > I wonder if 5.14 does not like my Aemular with second card (to run
> > > two sceens)?
>
> > I have the same setup, and the same result. I'm running 5.11 in case
> > it makes any difference.
>
> Hasn't it already been stated that further RISC OS upgrades for the
> Iyonix need RISC OS 5.12 or greater?

Not at Wakefield.  They said the 5.14 upgrade definitely worked with
5.13 and should work with 5.11 but no guarantees.  They though any much
earlier versions would probably not work.

The difference is that 5.14 is free, CDROM cost apart, and will,
presumably, give USB2 to machines with older versions.  If only it
didn't all go dark of course!

--
Tim Powys-Lybbe                                           tim@xxxxxxxxx
             for a miscellany of bygones: http://powys.org/