[iyonix-support] Re: New 5.14 ROM on Iyonix

  • From: Martin <Martin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: iyonix-support@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 29 Apr 2009 09:09:39 +0100

On 29 Apr, in article <50535c5d0alist@xxxxxxxxxxxx>,
   <list@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Anyone else having trouble with QuickFiler not liking 5.14?

> I installed soft-iyo.go514 and that went alright.
> As usual with a new ROM I was asked by QuickFiler to run its install
> app again, but this time it didn't go, taking itself ouit of the
> Bootup sequence. Error was generated:

> QuickFiler v2.21   Filer Debug information
> Filer   : Filer               2.17 (04 Oct 2008)
> RISC OS : MOS Utilities       5.14 (22 Apr 2009)
> Date    : Wed,29 Apr 2009.13:58:37
> ErrMsg  : Token MT7 mismatch 'Set work directory' vs 'Set directory'

QuickFiler has to be re-generated for each new Filer and ROM version,
because of differences in the tokenized messages can cause chaos if the
wrong ones are used! Thus QF is 'FailSafe' as it disables itself.

It is further complicated by the version number mess that the RISC OS
fork has caused :-((

Before re-installation, change the !!InstallQF.QMessages file as follows:
    Find the line that starts 'MT7 Set directory'
    Change the last 2.13 under MaxVer to 2.17
        Beware that the 'spaces' are actually tabs - do not change them!

Then run InstallQF, and all should be well.

I will issue an 'official' patch when I get chance.

Can anyone tell me if the Filer version on RO5.15 is still 2.17, or does
it change again?

Someone was supposed to be working on Filer changes that would make all
this nonsense redundant!

Thanks
Martin

--
Martin Avison      using a British Iyonix running RISC OS 5
                   and the Pluto mail and newsreader