[iyonix-support] Re: New 5.14 ROM on Iyonix

  • From: "Steve (ROOL)" <srevill@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: iyonix-support@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 27 Apr 2009 17:35:31 +0100

On 26 Apr, Tim Powys-Lybbe <tim@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I've got a CDROM from the Wakefield show and just tried out a softload
> of the new 5.14 ROM.  The result is that ths screen goes dark and stays
> like that.

We've figured out what the problem is. Basically, we put the wrong build of
the 5.14 ROM image into that softload archive by accident. It will work with
some versions of the nvidia graphics cards but not others.

The correct version of the ROM image is included in the flash programmer
archive, so you could always use that one for trying out softloads. On the
other hand, we're putting everything onto our website over the next couple
of days (including the correct ROM images!) so you could just wait for that.

Thanks,

Steve

--
Stephen Revill, Director                           Tel: +44 (0) 1353 740 267
RISC OS Open Ltd                                          www.riscosopen.org