[iyonix-support] Re: New 5.14 ROM on Iyonix

  • From: "Steve (ROOL)" <srevill@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <iyonix-support@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 27 Apr 2009 13:45:39 +0100

On 27 Apr, Tim Powys-Lybbe <tim@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> The difference is that 5.14 is free, CDROM cost apart, and will,
> presumably, give USB2 to machines with older versions.  If only it
> didn't all go dark of course!

With versions older than 5.13, there may be features of the boot sequence
that you are missing if you program ROM 5.14 into your machine - we don't
have a 5.11 (etc) machine to test with so we're not entirely sure.

That's why we strongly advise trying the softload and only programming the
ROM into your IYONIX if that worked fine. If it didn't work, we'd like to
know about it so we can try to sort out any problems people are having. And
some of those problems could just be that the softloader isn't working
properly!

Ta,

Steve

--
Stephen Revill, Director                           Tel: +44 (0) 1353 740 267
RISC OS Open Ltd                                          www.riscosopen.org