[iyonix-support] Re: New 5.14 ROM on Iyonix

  • From: Alan Adams <alan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: iyonix-support@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 27 Apr 2009 18:01:53 +0100

In message <5052a4749esrevill@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
          "Steve (ROOL)" <srevill@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> On 26 Apr, Tim Powys-Lybbe <tim@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> I've got a CDROM from the Wakefield show and just tried out a softload
>> of the new 5.14 ROM.  The result is that ths screen goes dark and stays
>> like that.

> We've figured out what the problem is. Basically, we put the wrong build of
> the 5.14 ROM image into that softload archive by accident. It will work with
> some versions of the nvidia graphics cards but not others.

> The correct version of the ROM image is included in the flash programmer
> archive, so you could always use that one for trying out softloads. On the
> other hand, we're putting everything onto our website over the next couple
> of days (including the correct ROM images!) so you could just wait for that.

It works here.

I had expanded the softload archive on to hard disc.

Then I took the file called trom from the flash zip file on the CD,
and replaced the 514 file in the expanded archive with it, renaming it
514.

As you can see from the headers, it is running.

This machine has two video cards, and has 5.11 in ROM.

Alan

--
Alan Adams, from Northamptonshire
alan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx