[iyonix-support] Re: Freezing whilst copying

  • From: "David J. Ruck" <druck@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: iyonix-support@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 01 Jul 2006 17:30:40 +0100

On 1 Jul 2006 george <george.greenfield@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I have tried USB; in fact, that is where my original copying problems
> showed up: when copying large files from a USB camera card reader, the
> Iyo would lock solid after an indeterminate percentage (but never 100)
> of the copying had taken place. I have just copied across approx 400Mb
> of holiday pics (120 in total) from a Boots 512MB CompactFlash card;
> the computer froze after 30, 51, 83 and 110 images. Aemulor Pro had
> been quit (front end and emulator), also NetFetch. No other big apps
> were running. Machine is a year-old X100 with 256MB running 5.09. The
> PSU was replaced free of charge by Castle a couple of months after
> purchase, so is relatively new. Wimpslot is configured to 9600k. I had
> not disabled lazy taskswapping.

Please only report problems if you can re-produce them with the latest
version of the OS, which is 5.11.

Reporting problems with older versions wastes everyones time, as we know
there are bug in that, (particularly with USB), thats why later versions are
released.

Cheers
---Dave

  David J. Ruck    Phone: +44- (0)7974 108301    Email: druck@xxxxxxxxxxxx