[iyonix-support] Re: Freezing whilst copying

  • From: Kade Hansson <kade.hansson@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: iyonix-support@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 04 Jul 2006 15:26:36 +1000

Paul Horth wrote:
> [snip]
>
> I haven't tried USB, but an rmkill DMAManager seems to have restored
> stability. Is this one of the symptoms that the hardware mod was for?

Yes. Another option which works for me is to do *Audio off. YMMV.

And may I stick my tongue out at Dave while I'm here, as I have no
intention of sending my machine thousands of kilometres back to Castle,
nor making any DIY mods which may end up leading to a dead machine. Its
just too important to risk.

Archer

P.S. I'm running RISC OS 5.07 and USB1 too!

End.