[iyonix-support] Re: Extra IDE harddisc on Iyonix Cube possible?

  • From: John M Ward <john@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: iyonix-support@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 11 Aug 2008 21:33:05 +0100

In article <dae55bcd4f.Terje@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>,
   Terje Slettebo <tslettebo@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> (It seems that the reply I sent more than a day ago didn't get
> through to the list, which is a shame, as I don't have a copy of it,
> as it usually gets back via the list, anyway. Therefore, I'll have
> to write this reply again. However, now I'll make sure I save a copy
> of sent mail)

A tip here that might be useful to others: I make sure that a copy of
everything I send is placed in a folder I have called "Temporary".  This
is set to auto-expire articles after seven days.  Thus I can find
whatever I have posted, in case it doesn't arrive, and can re-send it if
necessary.  To avoid cluttering up my (Pluto) system, these articles are
deleted after a reasonable period -- my setting is sven days, but of
course any period can be set.

I hope that suggesting that others might like to implement a similar
strategy (easy peasy on our facilities!) will be judged as helpful...

--
John Ward in Medway, Kent - using RISC OS since 1987
Now using an Iyonix, an A9home, 2 RiscPCs and Virtual-RPC!