[iyonix-support] Re: Extra IDE harddisc on Iyonix Cube possible? - Also, is moving the hardware to a bigger case possible?

  • From: Peter Naulls <peter@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: iyonix-support@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 11 Aug 2008 13:06:04 -0700

Terje Slettebo wrote:

Is that one _more_ 3.5" than the regular one, or one in total? If the former, does that mean it has leads for at least three IDE drives?

The Aria cube has room for CDROM + 3 x 3.5" drives, and should have
enough power for each.  However, the circulation in the Aria
cases isn't very good, although that's less of an issue with
the Iyonix, where the processor runs relatively cool, and
doesn't have a fan.

> I'm wondering about moving the hardware in the Cube to a bigger case
> (thus potentially being able to use more of the expansion cards,
> etc.), I guess nobody sells just Iyonix cases, but does anyone have
> experience with moving the Iyonix to another case?

You can put it in any microATX (or full size ATX if you want) case;
it's no different to many desktop x86 systems.
---
To alter your preferences or leave the group, visit //www.freelists.org/list/iyonix-support