[iyonix-support] Re: Extra IDE harddisc on Iyonix Cube possible? - Also, is moving the hardware to a bigger case possible?

  • From: Paul Vigay <lists-nospam@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: iyonix-support@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 11 Aug 2008 23:04:49 +0100

In a dim and distant universe <787a5ccd4f.Terje@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>,
   Terje Slettebo <tslettebo@xxxxxxxxxxxx> enlightened us thusly:

> Is that one _more_ 3.5" than the regular one, or one in total? If the
> former, does that mean it has leads for at least three IDE drives?

I think it has leads for three IDE drives (although I'm not 100% certain)
as I added a second drive to my Aria Cube and I'm pretty sure there was
still space for another drive.

> I'm wondering about moving the hardware in the Cube to a bigger case
> (thus potentially being able to use more of the expansion cards, etc.),
> I guess nobody sells just Iyonix cases, but does anyone have experience
> with moving the Iyonix to another case?

Well, with all the recent discussions about A9 'luggable's, I was thinking
of seeing if I could put an Iyonix in a briefcase or something, to make a
portable one.