[iyonix-support] Re: Extra IDE harddisc on Iyonix Cube possible?

  • From: Terje Slettebo <tslettebo@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: iyonix-support@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 08 Aug 2008 15:12:24 +0000 (GMT)

In article <4fcba5e3bccharles@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> charles
<charles@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> In article <4ba891cb4f.Terje@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>,
>    Terje Slettebo <tslettebo@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>> 1) Connecting an extra IDE drive to the internal connectors of the
>> Cube (if such exists - usually, an IDE interface on a PC supports two
>> drives).
>
>> 2) Buying a new USB IDE chassis that is compatible with Iyonix.
>
> an alternative is to use a network drive - something I've just set up - but
> that will be a bit more expensive than (2).

Interesting, which one did you use? (I guess it may be important to
use one that works with the Iyonix, although maybe there's better
support for that than with USB drives)

> I've certainly fitted an extra IDE drive in the original Iyonix, but I
> don't know how much spare space you have in yours.

The amount of room isn't really a problem, as I could put it
externally. Before I open it, I just thought I'd hear if someone knows
it's possible for this model (Cube). If I need to split the power
lead, or something, that shouldn't be a problem, provided the PSU can
take the extra load.