[iyonix-support] Extra IDE harddisc on Iyonix Cube possible?

  • From: Terje Slettebo <tslettebo@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: iyonix-support@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 08 Aug 2008 09:42:50 +0000 (GMT)

Hi.

I have an Iyonix Cube, and I was wondering if it might be possible to
connect an additional IDE harddisc to it, internally (i.e. on the IDE
bus)?

I have an external USB IDE drive, but unfortunately, it doesn't work
with the Iyonix (I was able to format it with SCSIForm, but since
then, the system hangs when it's connected to the USB port), although
it works fine on a PC, so in order to get an extra harddisc (for
backup purposes, etc.), it seems a few options are:

1) Connecting an extra IDE drive to the internal connectors of the
Cube (if such exists - usually, an IDE interface on a PC supports two
drives).

2) Buying a new USB IDE chassis that is compatible with Iyonix.

I'd prefer 1), as I'd like to avoid the extra expense, but I don't
want to open the Cube and try 2) unless I know if it can be done, to
not risk damaging the system.

Regards,

Terje Slettebø