[iyonix-support] Re: Extra IDE harddisc on Iyonix Cube possible?

  • From: Barry J <barryjerome@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: iyonix-support@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 08 Aug 2008 23:34:41 +0100

In message <b5d4afcb4f.Terje@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
          Terje Slettebo <tslettebo@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> In article <4fcba5e3bccharles@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> charles
> <charles@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>> In article <4ba891cb4f.Terje@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>,
>>    Terje Slettebo <tslettebo@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>>> 1) Connecting an extra IDE drive to the internal connectors of the
>>> Cube (if such exists - usually, an IDE interface on a PC supports two
>>> drives).
>>
>>> 2) Buying a new USB IDE chassis that is compatible with Iyonix.
>>
>> an alternative is to use a network drive - something I've just set up - but
>> that will be a bit more expensive than (2).

> Interesting, which one did you use? (I guess it may be important to
> use one that works with the Iyonix, although maybe there's better
> support for that than with USB drives)

I also have a network drive and been very impressed with speed and
ease of use. I have a Linksys Network Storage Link (CJE had them in
stock) with a 500GB USB drive. I find it particularly useful as it is
accessible via the network from my Iyonix, RiscPC and Windows laptop
for use as a backup. It also has connection for a second USB hard disk
or flash drive, but I am still filling up my first drive at the moment
:)