[iyonix-support] Re: 5.18 Upgrade problems

  • From: "David J. Ruck" <druck@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: iyonix-support@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 05 Mar 2012 08:35:09 +0000

On 03/03/2012 15:21, David Pitt wrote:
In message<526aaba677mail@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
   <mail@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>  wrote:
I have just had a look at the WindowUtils 2.53 module in OS5.18 with
StrongED and it really is a dummy module with no code and only
containing Title and Help strings.

Correct.

It will not make any difference whether it is plugged in or unplugged
until some really old legacy application goes looking for it though it
would be unlikely that there are any such 32bit applications, I would
have thought.

I would not assume that. If an application has been ported to 32bit, it is still compatible with 26bit systems, so there would be no need to remove the RMEnsure of legacy modules from !Run. If that module is unplugged on later systems, you'll find the application wont run, either from complaining about lack of WindowUtils, or from attempting to load a 26bit version of it if present in !Modules.

Don't unplug things because you think they are no longer necessary!

Cheers
--
David J. Ruck
email: druck@xxxxxxxxxxxx