[iyonix-support] Re: 5.18 Upgrade problems

  • From: Doug Webb <doug.j.webb@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: iyonix-support@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 02 Mar 2012 18:05:42 GMT

In message <526a3de13atim@xxxxxxxxx>
          Tim Hill <tim@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> A long time 5.16 user, and not having dabbled in anything 'greater'
> (Steve's right) I have installed 5.18 firmware and have tried 5.19 the
> softload too. I can reproduce this same result, albeit with differing
> addresses

> When trying to run EasyFontPro I see the splash then "Error outside
> EasyFont Pro ... abort on data transfer at &20564760 : internal error
> code : 63505"

> *Where says this isn't in a module.

> *romm. shows all toolbox modules are dormant. Nothing is UNPLUGed

> Is there anything in !boot in the new disc image which may be of help?

> Will It have to be back to 5.16 for now?

> Suggestions please for another font managing app which IS supported!

> Sorry if this is part of a rush.  ;-)

Yes I got that issue as well and did mention it on the ROOL forum as
it was introduced Dec11 development ROM builds.

https://www.riscosopen.org/forum/forums/4/topics/855?page=1

I sent an email to APDL but haven't had a reply and have been busy so
did not chase up.

It would be a shame to not have EasyFontPro and stops me flashing 5.18
in to my Iyonix.

--
See and experience the future using ARM Technology - BeagleBoard -xM,
Cortex A8 and RISC OS 5.17.