[iyonix-support] Re: 5.18 Upgrade problems

  • From: Doug Webb <doug.j.webb@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Support list <iyonix-support@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 02 Mar 2012 17:04:16 GMT

In message <526a329ff7mail@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
          <mail@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> On 02 Mar, mail@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
>> I'll have a go at the restore program and see how I get on.... I hope to
>> be able to report success with that at least!

> Phew! Back safely on 5.16 and everything seems to be back to normal -
> QuickFiler needs to be sorted, as usual with such changes, but otherwise
> OK.

Well Quickfiler is a hack and the filer has been altered in 5.18.

Quickfiler has also had to be "fixed" on other upgrades before.

Always safe to softload first as that is easy to revert to.

The other thing is some of the !Boot and disc components have been
updated so you could try updating them first, after making a backup of
course.

The other thing to do is stop anything autoloading at start up and
then introduce them to see what is causing the issue.

Glad to see you are back and working.

Doug
--
See and experience the future using ARM Technology - BeagleBoard -xM,
Cortex A8 and RISC OS 5.17.