[PCB_FORUM] Re: Kicks me out!

  • From: "Mike Finczak" <mike@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <icu-pcb-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 15 May 2008 10:05:14 -0400

Gary and Jean,

        Another diagnostic program that has proven very useful
        is CPUCool, a free (un-registered) download from:

                http://www.cpu-cool.de

                more Info and screenshots:

                http://www.cpu-cool.de/CPUCOOL.HTM

        CPUcool can monitor and graph CPU and case temperature, fan
        speed and supply voltages.

        We had a PC and a laptop that were running very slow under
        high CPU load. It turned out that in both cases the CPU
        heatsink was clogged with dust and the CPU was overheating
        and then throttling down its clock speed to protect itself.

        Allegro (and Specctra) would not crash,  but took a long
        time to respond.

        We found out later that Dell was being sued for premature
        laptop hardware failures due to over heating. We now do
        regular workstation maintenance, in order clean out any
        dust with a blast of high pressure air.

Regards,
       Mike Finczak
       CopperCAD Design