[PCB_FORUM] Re: Don't shut this list down !

  • From: Michael.Catrambone@xxxxxxxxxx
  • To: icu-pcb-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 7 Mar 2006 18:51:47 -0600

Austin,

The entire CDNUSERS.ORG User Community site is to bring
users of Cadence tools closer together.  Yes, the PCB Forum
does exactly that but there is a large population of the community
we are not reaching.   This community site is the place where
the entire Cadence community is going to go which would
act as a virtual extension of the CDNLive! Conferences worldwide.
It only makes sense to host the forums on the same site and
the utilize the infrastructure is already in place.

If I would give you a summarized answer to your question
it would be:

The cdnusers.org forums is an attempt to increase the
user-to-user interaction in a forum environment at a worldwide
level.

Is this a problem.  I guess you can say Yes and No, but  I am
sure there is a lot of untapped talent out in the user community
that can contribute to the forum and also benefit for the talent
we have on the PCB Forum so we are just looking to bring it
all together in one community forum.

There is a user base that have already signed up on
cdnusers.org and there has been activity on the hosted
user forums so why would we not want to join the community ?
You don't need to be on Cadence maintenance to join and
we will have access to a greater level of Cadence folks then
we every would have on the Freelist.org PCB forum.

For what I have heard today most of the issues are surrounding
the post / reply issue via email and if we correct that then the
other issues could be worked out.  A lot of emails to read thru
so I may be wrong but that is what I go out of the conversations.

Mike

"austin@xxxxxxxxxxxx" <austin@xxxxxxxxxxxx>@freelists.org on 03/07/2006
05:42:53 PM

Please respond to icu-pcb-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Sent by:    icu-pcb-forum-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

To:    icu-pcb-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
cc:
Subject:    [PCB_FORUM] Re: Don't shut this list down !

Hi Mike,

What problem is this new cdn forum solving?

Regards,

Austin