Re: [icon-users] Seek help from EasiWriter users

  • From: Richard Ashbery <riscos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: icon-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 16 Oct 2007 19:04:58 +0100

In article <8d4452324f.john@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, J Peachey
<john@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> In message <4f3112a667riscos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> Richard Ashbery
>           <riscos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> > In article <dd19cc304f.john@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, J Peachey
> > <john@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> >> [snip]

> >> Hi,

> >> Just tried the file. After completing the drag and drop (to ram
> >> disc) the hourglass came on for approx 6 seconds then 'internal
> >> error on stack for trap. Internal error abort on data xfer at
> >> &FC1678EC PC= FC1678E4 Reg at 00124c38'

> >> Clicking ok in the error box crashed the machine forcing a
> >> reboot. Using RO 5.13, Easiwriter 8.64 12/10/06 and AW viewer
> >> 2.10 5/7/07

> > Thanks for trying - sorry about the crash - I was beginning to
> > doubt my findings - exactly the same thing happens on my machine.

> > Can you tell me how much memory your machine has.

> Sorry for delay in getting back.

> 128mb.

No problems.

A quirk with EasiWriter, version 8.64 seems to be responsible for my
crash.

If EasiWriter (V8.64) is "set" in the Boot.configuration..... "Boot at
startup" and a document file* is double-clicked a non-recoverable
error will occur whenever it is converted to HTML.

* containing a number of ArtWorks files embedded in figure frames.

Note - this assumes AWViewer (version 2.10) has been seen by the
filer.

Martin is not going to waste time persuing this issue because it
doesn't occur in the next version.... 8.70 due out very shortly.

Thanks for all those who contributed.

Richard