Re: [icon-users] Seek help from EasiWriter users

  • From: Martin Wuerthner <lists@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: icon-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 12 Oct 2007 22:10:04 +0200

In message <4f30c57dc8riscos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
          Richard Ashbery <riscos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> In article <5dfcac304f.martin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, Martin Wuerthner
> <lists@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> In message <4f30a98b15riscos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> Richard Ashbery
>>           <riscos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>>> Can I enlist the help of other users who use.......

>>> 1. Iyonix/Aria with the following parameters:

>>> OS..... RISC OS 5.13 !EasiWriter, version 8.64 !ArtWorks, version
>>> 2.75 !AWViewer, version 2.10 (in !Boot.Resources)
>> [...]
>> I presume you will be providing the document(s)? Otherwise, this is
>> a pointless excercise. This approach can be helpful but only if
>> everyone uses the same documents to try. And then, a single one is
>> enough - one that goes wrong at your end.

> Yes, the document (180Kb) is at:

> http://homepages.nildram.co.uk/~riscos/easitest/test.zip

Exports fine here from EasiWriter 8.64, Iyonix with RISC OS 5.11,
AWViewer 2.10. One thing that might be worth checking: How much memory
do you have? I only have 128MB. AWRender uses dynamic areas for
ClipView and transparency rendering and it might be possible that it
is affected by the notorious "high dynamic area" problem various other
programs suffer from. Have you tried it after a clean boot without

Martin