Re: [icon-users] Seek help from EasiWriter users

  • From: Richard Ashbery <riscos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: icon-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 14 Oct 2007 14:50:46 +0100

In article <4f31a68fa6riscos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, Richard Ashbery
<riscos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> In article <d98496314f.martin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, Martin
> Wuerthner <lists@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > In message <4f3113fe3driscos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> Richard Ashbery
> >           <riscos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> > > In article <0377c8304f.martin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, Martin
> > > Wuerthner <lists@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

[snip]

> My problems seem to stem from having EasiWriter in "Boot at
> startup" in the Boot configuration.

> 1. With !AWViewer, version 2.10 loaded onto iconbar -
> unrecoverable error (no stack for trap handler).

> 2. Remove EasiWriter from Boot at Startup. Load AWViewer manually
> followed by EasiWriter on iconbar. No error occurs - HTML is
> generated correctly.

> Please note....... !AWViewer removed from Boot.Resources

> Would you like to confirm this and try and explain what's going on.

> Incidentally with !AWViewer, version 1.76 loaded onto iconbar -
> recoverable error occurs (trap while in trap handler).

I re-installed my normal Boot, having removed EasiWriter in "Boot at
startup" and the dreaded error returned. However I overlooked my
application launcher (NeXTBar) which also has EasiWriter in one of
buttons*.  I removed it, re-booted, ran EasiWriter followed by the
"errant" file - result - an error free HTML conversion.

Workaround (hopefully temporary)

Create an Obey file (link to EasiWriter) and place.....

1. On Pinboard.
2. In Application launcher.

*As soon as NeXTBar is loaded programs in any buttons are
automatically seen by the filer.

Regards

Richard