Re: [icon-users] Seek help from EasiWriter users

  • From: Richard Ashbery <riscos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: icon-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 14 Oct 2007 13:35:57 +0100

In article <d98496314f.martin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, Martin Wuerthner
<lists@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> In message <4f3113fe3driscos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> Richard Ashbery
>           <riscos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> > In article <0377c8304f.martin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, Martin
> > Wuerthner <lists@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> >> Have you tried it after a clean boot without loading any other
> >> applications?

> > Yes - I get a similar error.

> > My machine has 512Mb of RAM.

> > Is there a solution or work-around - problem is driving me mad!!!

> From what I can see, neither the operating system version nor the
> amount of RAM matters because it works for users of 5.11 and 5.13
> (I know of someone with 5.13 and 1G who tried it) and for users
> with a huge amount of RAM (1G) and very little (128MB).

> So, the only conclusion is that it must be some other piece of
> software that is interfering.

> One thing that confuses me: On the 9th of October you wrote that
> after booting from a virgin copy of !Boot everything worked. Is
> that still the case? You wrote "problem solved" and then, without
> any further information asked others to try and help solving your
> problem. So, was the problem solved or was it not?

I'm not surprised you are confused - so am I. At the time it really
did appear that a virgin Boot corrected the error - hence my post to
say I've cured it - but actually I haven't.

> Does it work
> when you boot from a virgin copy of !Boot?

No - please see below:

> And if so, again after
> booting from a virgin copy of !Boot, does it still work if you
> launch the latest AWViewer manually before loading EasiWriter?

No.

My problems seem to stem from having EasiWriter in "Boot at startup"
in the Boot configuration.

1. With !AWViewer, version 2.10 loaded onto iconbar -  unrecoverable
error (no stack for trap handler).

2. Remove EasiWriter from Boot at Startup. Load AWViewer manually
followed by EasiWriter on iconbar. No error occurs - HTML is generated
correctly.

Please note....... !AWViewer removed from Boot.Resources

Would you like to confirm this and try and explain what's going on.

Incidentally with !AWViewer, version 1.76 loaded onto iconbar -
recoverable error occurs (trap while in trap handler).

Best regards

Richard