Re: [icon-users] Microsoft Office file validation

  • From: Mik Towse <mik.towse@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: icon-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 20 Mar 2012 20:40:51 +0000

In article <2be18b7352.Alan.Adams@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> Alan Adams  wrote:
> The tec article which was quoted earlier mentioned a ist of file extensions
> which were checked. It included .doc, but didn't list .docx. Using that
> might have been a solution, except that it isn't a save option from
> easiwriter. Renaming won't work, because the content  of the two is quite
> different.
True, but you might be able to use a file converter program to create a .docx
from your EW .doc. There are plenty of free converters that do .doc to .docx,
but I'm not sure it they work the other way around.

I have Office 2007, but never use Word except under duress. I've not had any
issues yet, but I guess I could load a file into Word & save back out.

--
Mik Towse * mik.towse@xxxxxxxxx * http://www.xemik.co.uk/
My writers' site can be found at: http://www.lexis.org.uk

xemik.net - cost effective web hosting : http://xemik.net

The older you get, the older you want to get.
Keith Richards