Re: [icon-users] Microsoft Office file validation

  • From: John Harrison <john@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: icon-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 19 Mar 2012 09:24:56 +0000 (GMT)

> Could you not, at least in maycases, send files as RTF
> instead?

I could, and if it became a persistent problem maybe I would have to,
but it would lose active hyperlinks, which were in the most recent
example.

> I only use Word format from EW where I know that the recipient has it.

That is logical, but the default assumption is that anyone outside the RISC
OS world (ie the majority) either has Word, or can read Word files.
(Sadly) it the most widely understood WP format.

Regards

--
John Harrison
Website http://jaharrison.me.uk