[ibis-macro] Re: IBIS-to-AMS script update

  • From: "Muranyi, Arpad" <arpad.muranyi@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <ibis-macro@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 1 Feb 2006 08:52:39 -0800

Paul,

Sorry for the delay in answering your message, but I am
trying to get this library finished franticly...  I am
getting close now, and I will look at your GUI as soon
as I am done.

I would like to make a request to you.  We need another
script, or some code added to this one to do a similar
extraction for the VHDL-A(MS) version of the library.
I am attaching a file as an example.  The rules are
simple:

Put the name of the parameter on a line by itself, and
I mean it BY ITSELF, nothing before, nothing after
(except for any of these four: CRLF, CR, LF, LFCR),
and then put the value on the line immediately following
it.  The line with the value can have blank spaces or
tabs before and/or after the number.  To be safe, for now
the number should only use exponential notation.  After
the value you can have blank lines or any other text before
the new variable name.  If it is an array, each element
must be on a new line, without any blank lines between the
rows.  The array ends with anything that is not a number,
blank line, any text, a new variable name (or EOF).

Regarding your idea of reading the template for the extraction,
I think it is a nice idea.  Anything that can make the life of
a modeler easier is good.

I am not aware of any more templates other than the ones we
distributed in the macro model group.

Regarding the scaling element, bring it up in a meeting and
we can discuss it there.  (Or address this email forum, and not
me directly...).  We can add anything that is needed and is
useful to the library, but we need consensus for doing it...