[ibis-macro] Epiphany

  • From: "Todd Westerhoff (twesterh)" <twesterh@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <ibis-macro@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 1 Feb 2006 11:13:17 -0500

Take a look at slide 4.

It occurred to me that the vendor / tool / language matrix was better
suited to describing why we picked the approach we did.  As such, I've
removed the "substitution" column and moved it forward in the
presentation.

- It now explains why we picked Verilog-A as our initial implementation
language (most tool support)
- It also explains why we needed VHDL-AMS support (key vendor support)
- Adding Sigrity and Apsim shows why we needed a substitution scheme
and, by extension, adherence to basic SPICE element types

Comments are welcome and appreciated.

Todd.

Todd Westerhoff
High Speed Design Group Manager
Cisco Systems
1414 Massachusetts Ave
Boxboro, MA   01719
email:twesterh@xxxxxxxxx
ph: 978-936-2149
"Always do right.
 This will gratify some people and astonish the rest."

- Mark Twain