[haiku] Re: Translation/localization info for translators

  • From: PulkoMandy <pulkomandy@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 30 Mar 2010 20:14:52 +0200

> Supposing you're talking about catkeys (not catalog) files, the fingerprint
> is merely a checksum, then? This makes less and less sense to me. Why is it
> in the file in the first place? Just to make it impossible to edit the file
> with a text editor?

It is a checksum calculated only on the untranslated part of the file,
to ensure yo udidn't mess that up when editing. Multiple errors can
happen with any "intelligent" text editor that will replace tabs with
spaces or the reverse, alter the encoding, or whatever. One can
accidentaly insert or remove a line in the file, too. It's better to
have linkcatkeys check for that instead of the locale kit misteriously
when you try to use your catalog.

--
Adrien Destugues / PulkoMandy
http://pulkomandy.ath.cx