[haiku] Re: Translation/localization info for translators

  • From: PulkoMandy <pulkomandy@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 30 Mar 2010 19:13:01 +0200

>> I don't know how feasible it is, but is there a way to design the
>> catalog files in such a way that they are much less susceptible to
>> these kinds of issues?
>
> That's what I wonder, too. I don't really understand the purpose of the
> fingerprints anyway. If older catalogs still work with newer applications
> (just with possibly untranslated strings), I don't see why linkcatkeys fails
> here. A warning would fully suffice IMHO.

It fails because the fingerprint calculated from the catalog doesn't
match the fingerprint. This means the catalog is corrupt, either
because it was edited by hand in a wrong way, or because there is a
bug in hta. It is not triggereed by an out of sync catalog.

--
Adrien Destugues / PulkoMandy
http://pulkomandy.ath.cx