[openbeos] Re: MIPS32 port for GSoC

  • From: "François Revol" <revol@xxxxxxx>
  • To: openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 21 Mar 2007 23:07:48 +0100 CET

> > http://embedded.hug-nordic.org/?pic=haiku_embedded_320x240_running_apps.png
> > >
> you have a 1.4Ghz cellphone? :o

They will likely exist by the time Haiku runs on them :)))

> > I could see Haiku being useful in revitalizing older WinCE PDAs
> > much
> > in the same way it can revive PCs that operating systems like
> > Windows
> > Vista would send to the scrap heap.

Yeah, those that could be upgraded but never will because the
manufacturer doesn't want to spend time shipping it and prefers ppl to
buy a new one...

> Unfortunately, theres very very few specs for these - I have a 206Mhz
> Jornada H:PC that runs Linux "OK-ish", but thats based on serious
> hackery,
> and destroys battery life (it can only clock down the CPU, not turn
> it off).
> Does about 12 hours, not the 12 days it does running WinCE2000.

Again the OSS driver hell...
Any country where providing a user manual is mandatory and
specifications could be taken as a user manual for developer ?

François.