[openbeos] Re: MIPS32 port for GSoC

  • From: "Niklas Nisbeth" <noisetonepause@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 18 Mar 2007 15:48:08 -0700 (PDT)

Another interesting hardware would be the EFIKA
which is a cheap 400 MHz PPC evaluation board with interesting power
requirements. It runs Linux and MorphOS (AmigaOS derivative)..

Also, there's the iLiad "book reader" (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ILiad),
which has WiFi and wired LAN, 64M RAM, 224M internal flash storage, and
a 400MHz XScale processor... It's a tad on the expensive side (>500
euro), and I'm not sure you can get the documentation you'd need + it
only has a greyscale screen (but it's an 'electronic paper' screen,
which is very, very interesting in that it doesn't need a backlight).

I'd welcome anything that moved Haiku closer to running on my SGI O2,