[haiku] Looking for a mentor for a tutorial project

  • From: Matthew Nawrocki <matthew.nawrocki@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 13 May 2010 13:38:41 -0400

Hello everyone:

  I will be a senior at college come this August and I am to do a senior
thesis. Since I am a Communication Arts major, I am allowed to do some sort
of multimedia centric project instead of the customary thirty page paper. I
am thinking about doing a series of Haiku, Inc.-sanctioned video tutorials
that encompass all the aspects of the Haiku operating system in time for
Release 1. This way, people who are new to this OS are not daunted by
numerous forum postings or reading documentation. I was hoping to find a
mentor for this project so that I can get access to any resources I may need
to succeed in my project. I am hoping to have at *least* twenty minutes
worth in tutorial filming, but I say the more the merrier so that I will
have plenty to show for my advisor back at school. As long as it
accomplishes the intended objective of teaching and informing the viewer
from a layman's perspective, that will be the best. Thank you all!

Matt Nawrocki
HaikuOS Enthusiast
Pittsburgh, PA