[openbeos] Re: For R1 or R2: /home on separate partition?

  • From: "Jonathan Tarbox" <jtarbox@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 15 Jan 2002 15:58:10 -0600

There are work-arounds that can be done about the add-ons folder under
config, like if it's seen that /boot/home is a different partition (be it on
the same drive or not) then mount it before scanning for more add-ons.

However, notice when you format a partition with BFS..  it's already got a
home directory.  That's a default system folder on each bfs partition.
Anything in that home/Desktop folder is displayed on the desktop, etc.  It'd
take a semi major change to BFS and that is not within the scope of OpenBeOS
R1 (which this mailing list is about).  Might wanna take this to the
glasselevator mailing list instead.

-jtarbox