[openbeos] Re: For R1 or R2: /home on separate partition?

  • From: "Axel Dörfler" <axeld@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 16 Jan 2002 04:25:24 +0100 (MET)

> Users absolutely should be able to have drivers.
> Among other reasons, when you install 3rd party drivers (like Thomas'
> IDE
> driver), you have an easy way to regress. If all drivers go into /
> boot/beos,
> there is no "safe mode".

I don't want to put all drivers in /boot/beos - that's why I mentioned
this "common" directory where all additional stuff is, which all users
of the machine share.

For me, it makes no sense that my mom uses another IDE driver than I do
:-)

When people "upgrade" to R1 they will expect at least some changes, so
why disappointing them? ;-))

Adios...
   Axel.