[haiku-development] Re: software organization/installation

  • From: Christian Packmann <Christian.Packmann@xxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 16 Feb 2009 13:12:26 +0100

Rick Hansen:
Or, place the executable and it's dependencies in an
application specific directory giving rise to
same/different versions of the same library scattered
all over the system; "DLL hell."

No, http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dll_hell

And to note: this was a problem in earlier Windows versions (Win9x-), but isn't
anymore. I've been using WinXP heavily for a couple of years now, but never
experienced any serious DLL problems. In my experience, there are fewer
library-related problems in WinXP than in any other OS I've ever used (AmigaOS,
Linux, BeOS).

Christian